POLO in times of COVID-19
- Even if you are married/related/same household you may not post photos anywhere that show you not socially distancing. Except on the front cover of the Polo Times. That, for some reason, is ok.... 📸😷
- The actual definition of "essential" is, by definition, essential. 🦸♀️🦸♂️
- The difference in the quality of fields between the clubs that had faith in the polo season, and the ones that didn't is frighteningly immense. 🚜💰
- Horse limits aren't in the 2020 blue book, which means someone made them up to protect us all from Covid-19. The virus will get you if you take too many horses to polo 📘🏇
- Contrary to those insisting horse limits are "in line" with Argentina, there is actually no rule in Argentina that a player can take 13.33333 horses to the field. That would be stupid. 🏇⛔
- The virus is scared by loud noises, which is why continuing play to the second bell is also a Covid-19 related rule. 📢🔔
- Players that didn't make it this year can apply to keep their handicap next year, by declaring their age, recent handicap, and any held overseas.
This is a flowery description of a CV form with extra age-related powers 📝🌸
- According to the rules, it could be argued that it is more strategically sensible to get 5 yellow flags than it is to stop being a brat after you receive 3. 🟡🟡🟡🟡🟡
- "Nominated substitutes may be used to hold spares in the 22-goal"
Well yes, obviously; but wouldn’t we all pay good money to see that, if spectators were allowed. 🦄
- There are now more HPA emails about EU passport holders needing visas for 2021, than about Covid-19. 🧫💊
Except the government are still pretty sure about it being from July 1st not January 1st.... 🤫